Money Management


1. What should I do if I have received a County Court Claim form?
A response pack asks various questions, if in doubt, contact us for assistance. It is essential that this is responded to within the timescales on the form.

2. I have various debts and am worried that bailiffs may visit.
It is very important to make your creditors aware of your circumstances. Contact your creditors, asking for more time, and offer to pay a regular amount if you are able. If in doubt, give us a call.

3. I am spending more money than I am earning despite already cutting back on my expenditure.
Are there any ways you could increase your income such as contributions from other members of the family who are earning, or perhaps a benefits check such as the calculator from the Turn2Us website? Call us to discuss before the situation becomes difficult.

4. I have just lost my job. What do I need to ensure I don’t go into debt?
Put a budget together to establish what your income and expenditure is going to be. It may be necessary to review your expenditure, think about ways to increase your income and have a benefits check. Call us if you have any concerns or worries.

5. I have seen lots of adverts on TV to help me sort out my debts. What should I do?
Check out the claims of these companies very carefully. Seek advice from a non-fee charging debt advice centre such as MK Money Lifeline or Citizens Advice. See our Web Links page for information.

Main Menu

Registered charity: 1146001

Opening Times

Monday:         10:00-16:00
Tuesday:        10:00-16:00
Wednesday:   09:00-12:00
Thursday:       10:00-16:00

Monday :19:30-21:30 by appointment only.

Answer phone operates outside of office hours.
Please call for an appointment.
About UsAbout.html
Money Management
Useful LinksWeb_Links.html
Get HelpContact_Us.html
Supported By